The Data Protection Act 1998
This website complies with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Use Made of Personal Information
Personal information provided to Advantage via this website, forms, emails and telephone calls will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection or registration. In addition, personal information may be used for statistical analysis.
Personal data may be collected and processed for the following purposes:
- To provide goods and services requested
- Marketing, advertising and promotions, notification of events, workshops and training sessions run by Advantage and occasionally selected partners according to the preferences you may have indicated via any online preference pages
- Processing personal data for the above purposes may entail sharing the information with our employees, contractors, agents and professional advisors. However, written agreements exist between Advantage and such parties that there must be no further disclosure of such personal data.
- From time to time we will share personal information, apart from email addresses, with selected third parties.
Registration for communications and marketing
Unless told otherwise, we will enter the email addresses of all contacts and representatives at member and other organisations onto our database to receive all communications and marketing information via email. Further employees within your organisation may also be entered onto our database upon request. You should ensure that you have their permission before doing this.
Use of Data For Direct Marketing Purposes
At each point of data collection or registration users are given the appropriate means to opt-out of receiving future direct marketing material. Where users do not opt-out of such communications, we may provide information on our products, services, events, training and education programmes and occasionally those of third-party partners according to user preferences indicated on any online preference pages. If at any time users want to alter their preferences or Advantage to stop sending such communications they should visit their online preference pages or contact us via email
Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
At each point of data collection or registration users are given the appropriate means to opt-out of having their personal data passed on to selected third parties. We will not pass email addresses on to third parties for marketing purposes. If users do not opt-out, we may, in limited circumstances, share such data with carefully selected third parties who may contact users (other than via email) regarding events, products, services, and training and education programmes that may be of interest to them. If at any stage users want to alter their preferences or Advantage to stop using their personal data in this way they should visit their online preference pages or contact us via email
Verifying, updating and amending your personal information
If, at any time, a user wants to verify, update or amend their personal data they may visit their online preference pages. Alternatively, they may contact Advantage via email (email@example.com)
Verification, updating or amendment of personal data takes place within 3 working days of receipt of the request if made online and 10 working days if made offline.
A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on a user’s computer hard drive by a website. There are several types of cookie and the most common are often referred to as ‘session’ cookies. These are used to keep track of information needed by a user as they travel from page to page within a website. These cookies have a short lifetime and expire within a few minutes of the user leaving the site.
Other types of cookies can be used to track internet activity after the user has left a website. These are usually sponsored by organisations external to the website being visited and are generally known as ‘third party’ cookies. These usually have a long lifetime with several months being quite common. They are ‘harvested’ and ‘refreshed’ whenever the user visits a page where the same or a similar cookie is being used.
Advantage may use benign, short lived ‘session’ and remember me cookies to tell whether a website user has logged, in, where to find details that can be used to pre-fill parts of on-line forms and to personalise the user’s visit to the website. If used, they are also used to track anonymously which areas of the site are popular and which are not used, and what documents are downloaded; this allows us to carefully target our website resources.
Advantage cookies do not analyse visits to other website or any searches undertaken whilst on the Advantage website.
Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default; however, it is possible to set a browser to reject cookies. If this is done it is important not to exclude the benign and useful session cookies. Please note that if you delete and block all cookies from this website, certain parts of the site may not work. Choose an option that rejects all third party cookies.
Advantage may also use technology that uses Internet Protocol (IP) information exchanges during the course of normal web activity combined with data-enhancement technology to get detailed analytics information.
Links to Third Party Websites
Advantage holds your personal data in accordance with the security provisions of the UK data protection legislation. If you have any questions about security please contact Advantage via email
Notification of Changes
Users have the right to ask Advantage, in writing, for a copy of all the personal data held about them upon payment of a £10 fee (“subject access request”) and to request that Advantage corrects any inaccuracies in that information.
Terms and Conditions
By accessing, browsing or otherwise using this website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.This website is controlled and operated by rhc advantage Limited (referred to in these terms as “Advantage”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
Access and use of website
The information contained in this website is intended for general information purposes only and Advantage makes no representations or warranties about the information provided through this website and accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions.
Advantage is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this website and the information and images contained within it. We grant you a limited, temporary, revocable and non-exclusive licence to access, browse and use this website for your personal and non-commercial use only and you must:
1. comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes;
2. not republish any part of this website on another website, in any other medium or as part of any commercial service without our prior written permission;
3. not link to any part of the website other than the homepage without our prior written permission;
4. not frame this site without our prior written permission;
5. not modify, or attempt to modify, all or any part of the content on the website;
6. not gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to the website, the server on which the website is stored or any third party server, computer or database connected to the website;
7. not use this website for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene within the meaning of the Obscene Publications Act or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person;
8. not send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages that may interfere with the operation of this website or with the enjoyment of this website by other visitors.
You may print off one copy of any page(s) from this website for your personal reference.
You hereby agree to indemnify Advantage against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against Advantage as a result of your misuse of this website or your breach of these terms.
Advantage reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this website and to terminate, suspend or deny your access to this website.